OC Girl


SD Girl

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 3 - So Far So Good


Woot!  We have made it to Day 3 and we are both doing really well. 

SD Girl is surviving without her Starbucks run each morning.  She said last night that her stomach is talking to her and in her words, "my stomach is pissed off".  See why she is my bff?

Yesterday was a celebration in my family and I did very well.  I didn't drink all 80 ounces of water but I did get about 60 ounces in so that was pretty close.  I have made healthy choices.  I have been eating protein, fruits, and vegetables.  No fried foods.  No fast foods.  No soda.  Nothing to drink but water. I guess I need to start drinking some milk.

My daughter is quite impressed with my healthy food choices and I asked her what she would do if I really did lose the weight and she said, "We can share clothes!"  I remember being her size, actually, I was once smaller than her.  I once was a size 3.  I once was a skinny minnie.  Long story on how I am now a size 22.  That is another post for another time.

Oh, I still have not fit in exercising yet.  I have had a lot of work to do this week.  I am trying to start in baby steps, drinking water, healthy food choices, then I will add some daily walks.  I am not sure I am ready to hit the gym just yet.  I feel like I would only last about 5 minutes there. 

Any suggestions on my first day at the gym?

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Keep it up.
    I am back on the healthy eating, no soda, exercise on a regular basis band wagon too. Lost 80lbs a few years ago, ran a half marathon last May....and then bacame a huge slacker again! Gained about 30lbs back. You girls are an inspiration to me, taking your weightloss public! Thanks for the motivation to stay on track.

    Take pride in those Baby Steps! That's how it works!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! We love comments and getting to know our readers!